Check Your Website’s Google Search Visibility
Check #1. ‘Google My Business’ widget optimization
(10% of search volume)
- On a desktop computer, search the name of your company in Google.
- Your website listing should come up first, on the first page and your GMB widget should be displayed on the right.
- The GMB widget looks like a box, with your company info, images, reviews, call now & visit website buttons.
- This type of search would be for existing clients who are simply looking up your phone number …
- the same way we used to use the ‘phone book’ or yellow pages.
- This type of search accounts for 10% of traffic but does not bring in new business as it is a branded search.
- If you cannot see your GMB widget, this can be fixed in about an hour.
Check #2. Search phrase optimization
(90% of search volume)
- On Google search, type various phrases potential customers might type in Google search …
- when looking for the types of products or services you offer.
- Scroll down and try to locate your company’s business website listing …
- You may have to click, “next page” at the bottom to go to page 2, 3 and so on.
- Note: If you’re website is not listed on the first page for the search phrase, chances are the companies that are on the page are getting all the leads
There are 3 main sections on the Google search results …
- 1. The ad section … the ad section is usually ignored by businesses (B2B) as they’re aware they are paid ad listings.
- 2. The map section …(not always shown), these are ranked as per, and if, the business’s Geo location is optimized.
- 3. The organic section … This is the list where the top optimized sites are that get the most “free” traffic.
The organic section is where you want to be listed to maximize traffic to your website and pick up new business. These are the sites that, in Googles eyes, are the best optimized to answer the search query that was entered, and listed by ‘rank’.
Optimizing for organic search is a little more involved, requires an investment BUT can 10X your current sales volume.
We help companies by optimizing their web pages in search engines for maximum search visibility and new client acquisition …
AND WE GET RESULTS – we’ll show you real case studies and client examples. Where they were and where they’re at now.
If you’re currently running PPC Adwords and feel you’re getting no results, you’re not alone. There are alternatives that cost less and actually work.
If you would like more information on how we can help you get more traffic / leads / customers from your target audience to your website, contact me directly with your personal contact info, including the best number to reach you … I’ll give you a quick call to say hello and to re-schedule a 30 minute call when it’s convenient for us both. This will give me some time to do a quick review of your website and social media.
Looking forward to hearing from you …